Mobile devices are now one of the most popular types of hardware we own. For many, they are a lifeline and for others, they are a tool for working, for living and for playing. It’s safe to say that more movies, music and games are downloaded and used on the iPhone and the iPad than on many other forms of hardware but the one thing they cannot do is support the playing of console games. This was left to the games emulators in Cydia, but we don’t even that anymore. What we do have is an external app that doesn’t need a jailbreak and it’s called HappyChick emulator.
What is HappyChick ?
HappyChick is a top emulator app that lets you play thousands of console games on your iPhone or iPad. It also supports Android and other devices although, regardless of what you use, a minimum 2GB RAM is recommended for really smooth gameplay. HappyChick supports over 18 consoles, including PlayStation, Nintendo and PPSSPP, providing access to games such as Call of Duty, FIFA, GTA, and Dragon Ball X, as well as old favorites like Super Mario Bros.
HappyChick Features :
- Easy to download
- Simple to use
- No need to jailbreak
- Works on iOS 10 and above
- All Android 4 or above devices supported along with a few TV boxes and smart TVs
- Supports over 18 hosts and consoles, like Nintendo, PPSSPP, PlayStation and many more
- All consoles provide a huge choice of games
- Supports multiplayer online gaming
- Record your high scores and send them to others using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- You don’t have to rely on Wi-Fi for some games as they are played on local servers
- All games are hosted in the cloud and all your games data and settings are stored on the cloud
- One-click-play supported – no need for one emulator per console
- Create your own custom game controls and game maps
- Many more features
Compatible Devices :
HappyChick offers support for a wide range of devices, including all these on iOS 10 and above :
- iPad Mini
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
It also works on some TV boxes, a few smart TVs and any Android 4 device
How to Download HappyChick :
Downloading HappyChick requires you to download an external installer called HipStore first so follow these steps:
- Download HipStore onto your device ( tutorial at link )
- Open HipStore and find HappyChick; download as per the onscreen instructions
Alternative Download Method :
HipStore works for most people but if it doesn’t work for you, don’t worry because you can still download HappyChick. Another installer by the name of TutuApp also contains the emulator; just download it, and then you can download HappyChick from there.
HappyChick is certainly going to provide us with a decent alternative to Cydia for our emulators and it costs nothing to try it. With no jailbreak needed, anyone can use it so give it a try and let us know what you think. For more of the latest news and updates, you can follow us on Facebook