At one time, we used to have to jailbreak and download Cydia if we wanted to download and install premium content . We would use apps like Install0us, AppCake, and AppSync but now that iOS 10 is here, jailbreaking for many is not an option anymore. That means we can no longer use those apps to get our free games but we can use one called HipStore. This is another app installer, similar to those we used on Cydia but doesn’t require the use of a jailbreak to work. HipStore contains far more content than other non-jailbreak options, like vShare [ext link], including numerous paid apps, games, media content, ringtones and wallpapers .
Image : HipStore iOS 10.0.2 Download
We know that Taig and Pangu are currently working on testing the new firmware and hopefully will release an iOS 10.0.2 jailbreak [ext link] in the near future. However, we shouldn’t pin our hopes on it and, if you are one of those that has updated and lost PPHelper jailbreak off your device, HipStore is the answer.
Image : HipStore App
To get HipStore on your iOS device, there are a few steps that you must go through. You cannot go to the iOS app store and download this app because it isn’t one that Apple allows. However, the steps are easy enough to follow and you can remove this at any time you choose.
Supported Devices :
HipStore supports iOS 10.02 so any of the following devices on that firmware can download HipStore:
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPod Touch 6th Generation
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPad Mini, 2, 3
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad 4
How to Download HipStore on iOS 10.0.2 :
- Open Safari on your iOS device [ this won’t work on Chrome or any other browser ]
- Go to hipstoredownload.com
- When the page has opened, tap the UP arrow – it will be at the bottom or top of your iOS screen
- Pick the location to save the app icon to – tap on Add to Home Screen
- Name the app icon as HipStore. Tap the Add button and then close Safari
- The HipStore app icon will now be on your home screen
Video: Take a look at the video for an explanation of the steps
While you shouldn’t have any issues with this, the following links will give you some useful information and guides:
Tell us what you think of HipStore. Will it make a decent stand-in while we wait for a new jailbreak ? For more news and tutorials like this one, follow us on Facebook.